Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Build Journal: Mantid

Back in February I reviewed the Pokeball Spinarack set.  I thought back then that it could form the base of a "-taur" type frame.  Last week I finally tracked down enough of the sets to attempt a new squad.


I started with my Generic frame.  One, because I've been grooving
on this design lately. And two, because it's an easy place to start.
This one was inspired by Vitor Faria's Brazilian Flag Lockon.





Here's the base Spinarack.






And this is what the combination of the two looks like.  It's a shame that the
Clip Plate and Bar Plate aren't available in Dark Blue.  The parts count is
split pretty evenly between Lego and Mega Bloks, 25 and 26 respectively.



Here's a size comparison of all three
next to my usual comparison points.



The best part is, the whole frame fits in a Pokeball!







Of course I made some changes from the original
version to the final version for my squad.



It all still fits in the Pokeball -- minus the SSR,


Here's the entire squad.

No comments:

Post a Comment