Friday, May 4, 2018

Battle Report: Stone Garden @ Paper Asylum

Last weekend the usual suspects were invited up to the Paper Asylum to play a game in celebration of International Tabletop Day.  This is how the game unfolded.

Me (4 Frames & 16 Systems) = (7 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 42 points.  (Mantids)
   Blue Soldier-- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Orange Soldier-- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Grey Soldier-- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   White Soldier-- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.

Occam's Spork (5 Frames & 20 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 35 points.
   Grey Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Orange Charger -- 2Rd/2Rh/1B/1G/2W.
   Green Charger -- 2Rd/2Rh/1B/1G/2W + SSR.
   Blue Charger -- 2Rd/2Rh/1B/1G/2W + SSR.
   Yellow Charger -- 2Rd/2Rh/1B/1G/2W + SSR.

Narbey (5 Frames & 20 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 35 points.  (Skitterers)
   Red Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Orange Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   White Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Yellow Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Green Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W.


Tom (6 Frames & 24 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (8 assets) = 24 points.
   Grey Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/1Y/2W.
   Yellow Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/1Y/2W.
   Blue Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/1Y/2W + SSR.
   White Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Green Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Colorless Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.


This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.












Events of Turn 1 (DDC @ 11): Occam's Spork's Orange frame hits my Orange frame for 1.  Narbey's Yellow frame hits my Blue frame for 2.  In response, my Blue frame hits Occam's Spork's Yellow frame for 1 after destroying the Cover it was hiding behind with 1 damage.  Retaliating Occam's Spork's Yellow frame hits the Cover my Orange frame is perched on for 1.  My White frame hits Occam's Spork's Yellow frame for 2.  Occam's Spork's Blue frame hits my Orange frame for 2.  Occam's Spork's Green frame hits the Cover under my Orange frame for 1.  Occam's Spork's Grey frame hits my Orange frame for 3 and the Cover it was perched on for 1, destroying both.  In retaliation, my Grey frame hits Occam's Spork's Grey frame for 1 and it does the Station Dance.  Narbey's Red frame hits my Grey frame for 2.  Tom's forces begin to advance across the battlefield.

Me: 35 points.
Occam's Spork: 35 points.
Narbey: 35 points.
Tom: 24 points.




Events of Turn 2 (DDC @ 8): Occam's Spork's Green frame seizes my Tan Station.  My Grey frame hits Occam's Spork's Grey frame for 2.  Occam's Spork's Orange frame hits my White frame for 2.  Occam's Spork's Blue frame hits my Grey frame for 2.  Narbey's White hits Occam's Spork's Green for 2.  Narbey's Yellow frame hits Tom's colorless frame for 1 and it Station Dances.  Tom's Blue frame buzzes Narbey's White frame for 1.  Tom's Green frame seizes my Brown Station and also gouges Narbey's Orange frame for 4.

Occam's Spork: 40 points.
Narbey: 35 points.
Tom: 27 points.
Me: 21 points.




Events of Turn 3 (DDC @ 5): Occam's Spork's Green frame hits Narbey's White frame for 5, destroying it.  My Orange frame hits Occam's Spork's Orange frame for 1.  Narbey's Green frame hits Occam's Spork's Green frame for 4.  Tom's Colorless frame hits Narbey's Green frame for 1.  Tom's White frame slashes Narbey's Orange frame for 4, destroying it.  Tom's White frame buzzes Narbey's Green frame for 2.  In a follow up attack Tom's Blue frame shreds Narbey's Green frame for 4, destroying it.

Occam's Spork: 35 points.
Tom: 27 points.
Me: 21 points.
Narbey: 20 points.




Events of Turn 4 (DDC @ 3): Occam's Spork's Grey frame hits my Grey frame for 1.  Tom's Grey frame destroys
Occam's Spork's Yellow frame with 3 damage.  Tom's Colorless hits Narbey's Red frame for 2.  Tom's Blue frame slashes Narbey's Red frame for 2.

Tom: 30 points.
Occam's Spork: 25 points.
Me: 21 points.
Narbey: 20 points.



Events of Turn 5 (DDC @ 1): Tom's Green frame destroys Narbey's Red frame with 1 damage.  Tom's Colorless frame hits Occam's Spork's Blue frame for 4.  Occam's Spork's Blue frame hits Tom's Green frame for 1 in retaliation.  Tom's White frame then destroys Occam's Spork's Blue frame with 3 damage.  Tom's Blue frame destroys my Blue frame with 6 damage.  Occam's Spork's Orange frame destroys Tom's Green frame with 5 damage.  The Doomsday Clock is ticked to zero.

Tom: 27 points.
Occam's Spork: 20 points.
Narbey: 15 points.
Me: 14 points.









Here's a bunch of aftermath pictures.











Thoughts & Observations:
  • Once again, I used my crappy phone camera.  I only remembered today I have a regular camera in my bag.
  • This was a pretty interesting game.
  • I fell victim to bringing a squad I was infatuated with instead of one that was ready for battle.
  • I didn't even have a plan for the game.
  • The end of the game basically became a giant scrum in the middle of the battlefield.

No comments:

Post a Comment