Monday, April 16, 2018

Battle Report: Teslaville @ PAX East 2018

As is the tradition for the past four years or so, I arranged a full game of Mobile Frame Zero: Rapid Attack for one of the days of PAX East.  This one was kind of a last minute affair, so the only other players besides me were my long time PAX East friends Vlad and Ryan.  Read on to see what happened.

Vlad (4 Frames & 15 Systems) = (7 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 42 points.
   Tank (recon by fire) -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Blue Scrambler -- 2Rd/1G/2Y/2W.
   Yellow Scrambler (light soldier) -- 2Rd/1G/1Y/2W.
   Chub 
-- 2Rh/2B/1G+d8/2W.

Me (5 Frames & 20 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 35 points. (Argonauts)
   Red Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Orange Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Yellow Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Green Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Smoke Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.


Ryan (6 Frames & 24 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (8 assets) = 24 points.  (Solidboxes)
   Yellow Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Orange Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Green Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Blue Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Light Blue Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W.
   Red Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.

This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.



Events of Turn 1 (DDC @ 11): Vlad's Blue Scrambler jumps over and captures Ryan's Purple Station.  Ryan's Orange frame hits Vlad's Blue Scrambler for 1.  My Green frame shoots from the top of the train tracks and hits Vlad's Blue Scrambler for 3.  Vlad's Yellow Scrambler hits Ryan's Orange frame for 1.  Vlad's Chub hits Ryan's Yellow frame for 2.  My Smoke frame, also on the train tracks, hits Vlad's Tank for 1.

Vlad: 49 points.
Me: 35 points.
Ryan: 21 points.






Events of Turn 2 (DDC @ 7): Ryan claims his Station back.  Ryan's Orange frame hits Vlad's Yellow Scrambler for 2.  Ryan's Light Blue frame jumps out from behind a wall and slashes my Red frame for 4.  Vlad's Chub hits Ryan's Yellow Scrambler for 1.  Ryan's Blue frame hits Vlad's Yellow Scrambler for 1, it does the Station Dance in response.  I seize Vlad's Yellow Station.  My Smoke frame destroys Vlad's Yellow Scrambler with a 1 damage hit.  My Green frame hits the windmill for 3 damage and Ryan's Light Blue frame for 2.

Me: 30 points.
Vlad: 28 points.
Ryan: 24 points.






Events of Turn 3 (DDC @ 3):    My Red frame seizes Vlad's Blue Station.  I then give up Vlad's Yellow station.  My Green frame hits the windmill for 1.  My Orange frame hits Ryan's Light Blue frame for 2.  Ryan's Green frame destroys my Red frame with 1 damage.  My Yellow frame hits Ryan's Yellow frame for 2 but he seizes my Station.  Ryan's Red frame hits my Yellow frame for 2.  My Smoke frame hits Ryan's Red frame for 1.  Vlad's Chub Destroys Ryan's Yellow frame with 3 damage and seizes the Station it was holding.  Vlad seizes Ryan's Purple station.

Vlad: 35 points.
Me: 30 points.
Ryan: 21 points.






Events of Turn 4 (DDC @ 1): Ryan and I swap Stations.  Ryan's Red frame hits my Orange frame for 1.  My Smoke frame destroys Vlad's Blue Scrambler with 3 damage.  Ryan's Green frame hits Vlad's Tank for 2 and seizes his Purple Station back.  My Green frame hits Ryan's Blue frame for 3.  The Doomsday Clock is ticked to zero.

Me: 25 points.
Ryan: 24 points.
Vlad: 21 points.

Here's a couple aftermath pictures.


Thoughts & Observations:
  • We didn't use Single Shot Rockets because Vlad didn't make any for his squad and I didn't have any to lend.
  • Ryan used my Solidbox squad..
  • I debuted a new Lego/Kre-O brickblend squad.
  • I added a few pieces of terrain from my demo set up to the table as I remember Tom saying it was a little lacking the last time we used this table setting.
  • Some onlookers were a little confused with all the terrain on the table.
  • This was a really fun game.
  • As I mentioned before, I have a new phone with a crappy camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment